Friday, November 14, 2008

Book Club Last Night

Last night we reviewed The Thirteenth Tale at Catherine's house. The general consensus was that we liked it. I think the biggest controversy was over what time period the book was set. We enjoyed some amazing food too and can't wait for the recipes to be posted! hint hint

We had a delicious soup, beautiful salad with your choice of blue cheese or feta. Catherine made the best rolls and prepared baked apples for dessert. It was a fall feast!



I really want the recipe for these candied nuts! They were soooo good and I ate far too many!



Shauna, Christie & Robyn being forced into a photo -- aren't the beautiful in their fall colors!


Everyone loves the soup!

Here is our mascot Liam -- too cute!

Glamor shots

Heidi & Rebecca laughing it up!

We missed all of you near & far that couldn't make it!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

I love you guys!! The food was great, I can't wait to get my hands on that pecan recipe. Fun discussion and fun people.
I love the food pictures.

Chantel said...

Boy are you guys a sight for sore eyes. I miss you all like crazy. I'm not sure what I miss most, the good food or your cute faces. HMMMMMM Just kiddin.
Hey I was just wondering if there would be any chance of changing the date of the December book group? Because if you did it just one week later I could come. If not I understand, but you might all find a pipe bomb in your mailboxes. Love ya

Robyn said...

Uh, Chantel you're going to have the Feds after you for writing those threats!!!

Heidi, I love you for not posting the ugly silly photo of me! I know, you're saving it to get back at me sometime. Just don't go print it on a tshirt or anything crazy like that! Hee hee

The food was amazing, Catherine, you just set the standard way too high. I am sure you ground the wheat for the rolls yourself too! You're gourmet woman. I loved it all.

Britney said...

I had a great time! Great food! Thanks Heidi for taking and posting these photos and for heading up the blog efforts -- I love that we have it.

Brenda said...

I just wanted to say "ditto" to all the above! Thanks for all you do to keep us movin Heidi. We're indebted to you for this....it always looks fab! So, what about making accomodations for Chan? I'm game...I'd love to see her! I'll even have the party here if needs be...just a thought. Let's see what we can do!

Unknown said...

What fun, I really, really miss book club...the pictures are all so cute and you guys all look beautfiul!
I am excited to get back to reading, the selections for next year look promising...