Friday, November 14, 2008

And The Winner Is...

After much consideration we voted last night on our book choices for the next 6 months. Here are the results:

January
Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Hosted by Christie
Reviewed by Rebecca

February
A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
Hosted by Traci
Reviewed by Britney

March
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Hosted by Shauna
Reviewed by Heidi

April
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
Hosted by Kara? Ruth? ??
Reviewed by Brenda

May
Papillon by Henri Charriere
Hosted by Rebecca
Reviewed by Shauna

June
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Hosted by Brenda
Reviewed by Robyn

July
Summer break
Read your favorite book at the beach or by the pool!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

For the July read, can I read in the bathroom instead? Finn doesn't give me any time off. The bathroom is my safest bet.

Heidi said...

You can only read in the bathroom if you are in your swimming suit and are sitting in the bath tub.

symonie said...

You will love A Town Like Alice. There is also a Masterpiece Theatre production of it that is really good. I can't really remember how they compare--I watched and read the two far enough part that it didn't really matter. A Prayer for Owen Meany is great too. I know a girl who rates her friendships by that book. If you don't like it, you probably won't be her friend. I don't know if I'd go that far . . . but I did like the book.

Christie said...

Thanks, Heidi, for taking the time to keep us all up to date!

Kara said...

I can host in April, if you want. That month said either me or Ruth. So, you can count me in, if Ruth doesn't want to do it. Also, if I'm not mistaken the 2nd Thurs. in December is the dance recital for Amber's studio. So, it'd be better for me and a few others if we switched it to the 3rd Thurs. And, it would be fun to see Chantel as well.