Friday, August 7, 2009

We had so much fun at book club last night! I love it when I laugh so hard I cry -- and I did that a few times last night. Thanks Robyn for hosting such a great night!

Kara, Stephanie, Heidi, Robyn
Ruth, Britney, Shannon & Rebecca





As you can see Robyn made the most delicious Indian food for us! In fact i wish she lived closer so I could pop on over for leftovers.

Here is the Royal Book Club portrait taken in Robyn's "heritage room chair" -- the colors looked really weird in this one so I made it black & white & now they look very regal don't you think? ( I had to laugh because in all three pictures I look of them Ruth's eyes were closed.)

Stephanie & Shannon win for most photogenic. They looked great in every picture -- I hate them.

And finally we have the "You smell of poo...and a bit of wee." photograph. Make sure that you say that in your best British accent. Now try it in Russian, now try it in...

Oh & we had a great discussion about 500,000+ word book A Suitable Boy!


4 comments:

Britney said...

I had such a great time. I'm sure it was obvious, but I REALLY needed to get out of the house without the kids. Next time I am that punchy however, someone punch me. Okay, don't punch me, but just nudge me.

Thanks Robyn for the great food! Thanks ladies for the great fun and friendships!

Robyn said...

Thanks everyone for coming and thank you Heidi for suggesting the book b/c I NEVER would have read it on my own. (and yes, I am finishing the last 100 pages) Sorry Heidi you can't stop for leftovers b/c they are already gone! Yum.

Ruth said...

Thank you Robin, I enjoyed very much and the food was delicious. I did have a lot of fun, I hope that for next time Britney would learn to talk in another language, I enjoyed her Russian!!!

Shapiro said...

I miss you gals! It's great to check in and see the fun you are having... I miss book club and laughing with you and all the yummy food and conversation. Robyn... that food looked delicious! I hope you post the recipes... I love anything Indian, curry, and saucy! Mmmm! And if I was there I'd grace you all with my Indian accent... If you told me to eat a cow, I would. You all mean that much to me! :)