Saturday, October 4, 2008

Where is everyone?? Someone post or I'll have to!

We can all post, right??? Let's get some fun conversation going on this blog you guys!

And just a reminder about book club this week. It's at my house (Shauna's) this Thursday the 9th at 7:00 pm. I hope to see you all there. I'll send out a reminder email pretty quick.

Now, a recipe.

This is the roasted garlic aioli I make. I've been promising I'd post it for a while now.

1 garlic bulb
1 T olive oil
1/4 cup eggs
1 jar marinated artichoke
hearts (about 1/4 c)
juice of one lemon
1 T dijon mustard
salt to taste (I always use sea salt)
freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 c canola or safflower oil
1/4 c. olive oil

side note: I skip the eggs and oils (except the 1 T. olive oil) and use 1 c. mayonaisse.

Preheat oven to 400. Cut off pointed end of garlic; place garlic on a piece of foil, and drizzle with 1 T oil. Wrap tightly, and roast at 400 for about 45 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven, and let cool; squeeze pulp from garlic cloves. Place roasted garlic in a blender or food processor (I use a stick blender very haphazardly) with egg and next 5 ingredents, and process, adding canola oil and 1/4 c. olive oil in a slow, steady stream, until mixture thickens. Again, I use the mayo instead. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 4 days.

You can serve this with any vegetable but I love it with fingerling or small red potatoes.

3 comments:

Chantel said...

Shauna you want some arguing don't you? You miss me.

Shauna said...

I do miss you! Just so you know Chancakes! Come home so we can stir up a bit of mischief.

Heidi said...

I am so glad you posted this recipe I LOVE it and so does my family!

Thanks Shauna!