Friday, October 10, 2008

October Book Club @ Shauna's

Last night we reviewed The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers. I think most of us really enjoyed the book and the central figure Mr. Singer. We had a great discussion about the 4 other main characters and how/why they were drawn to Singer.

We had a huge crowd let me see if I can remember everyone...Shauna (of course) Kara (who did a great job reviewing for us), Brittney, Mallory (Brittney's sister who joins us each October), Robyn, Christe, Ruth, Catherine, Stephanie, Kristie, Bethany, Rebecca, Brenda & me. We had great food and great conversation.

Here is Shauna's beautiful table with of course delicious dishes for us all to enjoy. Shauna always sets a beautiful table and always has candles and the lights dimmed for a cozy evening.

She prepared a wonderful butternut squash soup (with toasted pumpkin seeds), salad, bread (homemade by Christe), pumpkin cookies and pecan bars.

The worst part of the evening was that after I took pictures of the food I put my camera down and enjoyed book club -- thus forgetting to take pictures of all of us! So right before the last of us left (at 11:45 pm!) I snapped a few photos. Here is Britney, Brenda, Robyn and Rebecca. I will be better next month!

Shauna, Heidi & Mallory

I had to post this one too. The girls just has to get out their toys. Transformers...more than meets the eye...

Thanks Shauna & Kara!

4 comments:

Chantel said...

Looks like it was fabulous, as usual. I wish I could have been there. I miss you guys like crazy.

Brenda said...

We have officially sunk to a new low...making such rude gestures with children's toys! Really ladies...

Robyn said...

Ah, I love the photos! Shauna you look so happy! Ha, sorry I made that comment. You are always cute :-) As for the monkey and the Transformer... I am ashamed of you two. What are we coming to?!

Shauna said...

I love you guys! I had so much fun. Thanks to everyone that came. I'm getting the recipes for that night together. I've had a pretty busy week but check back soon I'll post them.