Thursday, November 19, 2009

Myles Meyer

It looks like we have a new author to invite to our next discussion, ladies. In honor of New Moon coming out this weekend, BYU sponsored a "try to write as cheesy as Stephanie Meyers" contest. With over 150 entries, there were 3 winners, 1 honorable mention and 3 fav. lines.

For date night, Myles and I came up with a submission. His last line was one of the 3 favorites!

The moment our eyes met, my heart skipped a beat like a drunk drummer. I relished the shivers sent down my spine, like atoms of mercury racing for the thermometer’s bulb. His chilling rendition of “Ice, Ice, baby” had pierced me with its frigid beauty. His song froze on his lips; silence reigned. My mind was spinning like Disney on Ice. How would he react to my daring intrusion into his hidden world? But when, at last, I heard him whisper my name, his effervescent charm melted my trepidation like the spring thaw after a cruel winter.

2 comments:

Britney said...

hee hee! Funny! Well done having one of the favorite lines!

Heidi said...

You two are so great! I love that you wrote it for a date night! Congrats Myles!