Monday, May 9, 2011

Book Club At Christie's


Ah just look at these women!  They are all beautiful!

Christie hosted book club one last time before she's off to Germany.  Christie we are going to miss you!  You are our founder -- and the one who always has great lines to share from the books we read.  We all wish you and your family safe travels!

We had a super discussion about Cutting For Stone.  We all really enjoyed the book and found that there were so many things to discuss. From family, medical procedures,and ethics to how immigration and geography shape our destiny.  I know I always love hearing everyone's perspective.

We had a pot luck for book club this month and everything was perfect.  Here is a sampling of the tasty treats we enjoyed:










And of course --  as always -- I failed to get shots of the desserts. We had a lemon cream pie and strawberry shortcake.

Once again here we are -- our shot from above!



Bethany, Kara, Robyn, Heidi, Shannon (w/ baby Bjorn)
Shauna, Christie, Britney

See you next month @Stephanie's for our review of The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Thanks Heidi! I always love your photos of the night- especially the fact that you edit our flaws! Hee hee.

We'll miss you Christie! Good luck with your move :-)

Christie said...

As Heidi's fam would say, "I love your guts!"

I'm going to miss everyone. I mean, man, I've seen your kids grow up!

Thanks for all the years of great friendships, thought-provoking discussions, and amazing cooking! This is definitely a highlight of my month I'm going to miss.

This shall not be a goodbye, only an until later.

I wish you all the best.

Christie

Heidi said...

Oh Christie you comment made me sad. I hope you know how much you will be missed!! Love your guts! :)