Monday, May 2, 2011

April Book Club @ Kara's

Better late than never right?


Kara hosted in April and made the most delicious pasta with asparagus! i mean REALLY!  It was sooo good. Kara I really hope you post the recipe because I want to make this - especially since the weather is finally feeling a bit like spring salad weather instead of hot soup weather.






The salad was wonderful too! What I don't have a picture of is the deadly bread.  There is a shot of a slice of the killer bread in the next shot however.  

The reason teh bread was so deadly is that when Bethany went to cut the loaf the crispy crust was a little slippery and the knife slid off the bread and sliced open Bethany's finger.  While Bethany was getting first aid help from Kara I picked up the knife to slice the bread and what should happen!?  Yep, the knife slid and sliced through my finger as well.  So I too had to go see nurse Kara for some help.

Finally Kara pushed us all aside and said "let me do it you wimps!"

 And then we all had nicely sliced bread. 

Whew!


 We also had super tasty peanut butter brownies and lemon bars.


We had a great discussion about The Boy in Striped Pajamas.  I  would say that the general consensus was that the book could have been much better. We thought it was weak on driving home the horror of the holocaust and the main character was too immature and unrealistic.

Finally here we are fashionable and having a great time!


We'll see you Thursday at Christie's @ 7:30!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Glad I never tried to cut the bread! I probably would have succeeded in taking off a finger! However, the food would have TOTALLY been worth it. It was so delicious that I don't even want to know what was in it! I ate ALOT of it. Thanks Kara!

bethany said...

It was so fun and so delish. I would love to have the recipes. Thanks for a great evening. And I love that picture of all of us... :) So cute. Oh yeah, my finger has healed... :P