Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Surprise Cake

Here is the recipe for the chocolate cake I brought last month. It is super easy and I have to say that I love, love, love the topping.

1 chocolate cake mix, prepared as box directs
1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips
dash of salt

Prepare the cake mix and pour the batter in a greased & floured 9x13 pan.

Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, egg & salt. Add the chocolate chips.

Drop the cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls onto the cake mix. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Topping
1 small box vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1 container Cool Whip ( 8 0z)

Mix the pudding and milk together then fold in Cool Whip. Spread on cake only when the cake is cool.

3 comments:

Britney said...

Hip Hip Hooray for the Surprise Cake!!

I cannot believe that topping is just pudding and cool whip! So yummy!!!!!

Robyn said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sad I missed this. Thanks for the recipe!

Shauna said...

This looks sosososososo good.