Friday, January 27, 2012

January Book Club!

January was a super fun book club.  Stephanie hosted and since we were discussing In the Garden of Beasts she treated us to some delicious German food...








 (Love these bottles by the way)

This picture does not do these German chocolate brownies justice --
 they were soooo good!

My camera was a little wacky and out of focus but here are the lovely ladies...

Kara, Kristie & Bethany 

Shannon, Heidi & Stephanie

We all loved the book. It was nice to read a non-fiction book. We all enjoyed the change of pace from the fiction we usually ready, and decided variety is good.
This book in particular was well written and we all recommend it.

The book isn't all we discussed though


we also discussed





And these...



Thanks so much Stephanie for hosting and Bethany for reviewing!!

See you next month at Marianne's house.  I'll send an e-mail out with her address.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Wow-- I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Looks like you had some very curios conversations. The food looks delicious!!!I definitely missed out.
P.s. That video of 80's tv show openings was awesome!! :)

Christie said...

Wow, Steph, it looks great! I have food just like that in my fridge right now. I'll definitely have to look up that book.

Way to keep the book clubbing traditions alive!