Friday, February 11, 2011

Book Club at Shannon's House

We had another fantastic book club!!  

Thanks Shannon so much for the delish food! It was wonderful!




Now we ARE expecting Shannon to post some of these recipes!! Especially for this absolutely melt in your mouth delicious white chocolate bread pudding!  I mean it was to die for!! 

There just maybe a mob at your door demanding the recipe soon.


We all loved Major Pettigrew and since we discussed the book being made into a movie I thought I'd share Helen Simonson's answer to a question about just that...

 If your book were to become a movie, who would you like to see star in it?
"My family have been joking that it often takes so long to make a movie that maybe Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) will be old enough to play the Major.  I’m keeping quiet on casting, but I do think the Major is a great chance for a mature actor to play a wonderful romantic lead, and any movie made of the book would also offer strong, central roles for under-represented South Asian actors."  


You can read more from her interview here

Book club is so great because of the women who are in it

so with our further ado...



Kristie & Britney


Here is the picture you have been waiting for...


Drumroll please...




 The couple of the night... Robyn & Brenda.

Ok, so I'll offer a little explanation.  Brenda & Robyn were on the couch ready for their picture to be taken, & the way they were sitting (one on the arm of the couch the other leaning in) looked just like they were posing for an engagement photo. There was a little teasing and next thing we know they are on the floor making a bona fide engagement portrait -- in front of the fire and everything!  It is almost Valentines Day after all!

Needless to say there was some serious laughing.  I could hardly see through my tears to take the picture.  I love these girls!


Heidi, Kara & Iris


Bethany & Shannon



Kaley, Stephanie & Stella

We had a grand time and can't wait for book club in March at Kristie's house where we will review Mocking Jay -- see you there!

Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

Britney said...

Stop it with the photos of Brenda and Robyn!!!! I am laughing so hard. It is even funnier to see them on here than it was in person!!!!

The food was SO VERY DELICIOUS!!! I would love all of the recipes please!

Thanks for a great time as always.

P.S. Where is the photo of Shannon and Bethany?

I have a copy of Mocking Jay if someone needs to borrow it.

Robyn said...

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA! I love it! You're hilarious Heidi. One day I will get back at you!!

The food was excellent, the company was lovely, the book was wonderful. A good time was had by all! Thanks for hosting Shannon!

I have Mockingjay too if anyone wants to borrow it :-)

Heidi said...

What I can't believe the monthly picture of Bethany & Shannon didn't post... I'll get right on that! :)

I'm glad you guys love the pics -- my favorite is the one w/ the roses! ha ha ha!!

Christie said...

Sorry I missed.

Looks like someone's got some good photo shopping skills! Maybe we need to have a little presentation next time so we can all enhance our photos with LOVE!