Monday, January 10, 2011

January Book Club


Book Club was at my house this month.  Thanks ladies for braving the cold temperatures and making it a great night.

Unfortunately not everyone read the book -- OK, only Kara read the book -- but there were several of us that came super close to finishing.  This seems to happen with the book we read over the holidays.  We usually pick a longer book because we think we will have more time to read -- but really I think we have less.

Kara brought up some great points and told us about the metaphors though out the book.  She also brought a copy of a painting discussed in the book.  Thanks Kara for all you work.

We had homemade tomato soup and tea sandwiches...



and chocolate cheesecake...




Just for fun we took a quiz about some of the past books we have read.  Kara was the big winner -- remembering the most!  I am pretty sure Brenda was the "idiot" ha ha!

Britney & Robyn


Kristie & Christie

The always photographed together Shannon & Bethany

Brenda, Heidi, Kara & our current mascot Iris
We'll see you all next month at Shannon house to review Major Pettegrew's Last Stand

6 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks heidi. .. I need that recipe!!

Christie said...

Thanks for such a wonderful evening! What could be better than a good discussion with good friends and good food by a nice, cozy fire?

PS Remember to start saving your pennies for our book chat by the Heidelberg Castle...

Britney said...

I agree with both Kristie and Christie -- great food - need recipes!!!! And nothing gets much better than good food, good friends, and a warm fire. Thanks for a great night.

P.S. Christie -- I think for me it is going to take more than my pennies! :) But book club by the Heidelberg castle sounds dreamy. I'm so excited for your family!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robyn said...

Heidi, everything was so delicious and we loved the quiz (NOT! I failed) Thanks for being our Club Mother- we love your guts!

Recipes please!

bethany said...

Heidi everything was so great! Thanks for such a fun and delicious evening.

I did finally finish and I have to say that ending was awful, but I admit I expected something like it.

Ditto on the recipes :)

Unknown said...

Oh how I miss Book Club!!! But I love to catch up on what you guys are reading and seeing cute pictures of my friends!!!