Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Book Club!!

Sorry I have been a bit of a slacker. Ruth, I know you have been waiting to see if I really would post "that" picture of you so I wont keep you waiting any more.

As usual we had a glorious time at book club. Kara had her backyard lit beautifully and the food was sooo good. We are hoping for recipes! (hint, hint)


Bethany, Ruth & Ruth's sister who is visiting from France


Ruth... we all love Ruth!

Kara at the grill. We wont talk about her not turning off the grill & cooking a bit of chicken a bit too much. No, we wont talk about that.



Christie & Amber

Heidi & Shannon
The beautiful table

Mariana & Britney

The superb red pepper salad



Fruit salad -- complete with a cantaloupe grown in Ruth's garden


Just for fun lets look at this one again!

We had a great time and had a really good discusion. I think almost everyone read the book and liked it.

Thanks Kara!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks great ladies...sorry I missed. Gotta love the attack of the Migraine! I must inquire about one thing that's been troubling me...why is Marianna always there when I'm not? I think she plans it that way...then she knows I really, really miss her since I only get to see her at Christmas! :O) B

Christie said...

My favorite moment of the night was Will giving each and every one of us a hug goodnight. So sweet!

Thanks, Kara, for such a wonderful evening. I know you had a very full week!

I still think about our discussion. Thanks, everyone, for helping me think about life in new ways and for giving me a sense of connection.

Britney said...

Everything was indeed so tasty!! Thanks Kara!

Great photos Heidi! I especially love the one of Ruth. Ruth you are a little rock star! It was great to see your sister. SHe is as beautiful as ever.

Thanks everyone for a great time and thanks for the great book to read.

Ann said...

I'm still so sad that I missed it. Bummer. Will try again next month. Thanks for the invite.

Ruth said...

Thank you Kara, the food was delicious. And thank you to Heidi for hers wonderful pictures, I did have a lot of fun with them.
Thank you
Ruth

Robyn said...

Sorry I missed out. It looks like a gorgeous evening and too bad I didn't get to see that face on Ruth in person! By the way Ruth, I think I have your sunglasses from Book Club at my house. Are you missing some?

Is anyone going to post the notes from the discussion? Did that guy end up coming and telling you all about Chekov? I'm curious...

And yes, I did sign up for Grocery Smarts. I'll tell you how much I'm saving on my grocery trips at the next book club!