Sunday, June 14, 2009

Some Light Reading, Heavy Boots

One Suitable Boy is one suitable workout. (If you've checked it out, you'll know what I mean). I no longer have to feel bad about not exercising, if I just take it with me where ever I go. Whenever people come over and see it on the coffee table, Robyn has them estimate the # of pages. (Maybe we should start offering a prize for the closest guess).

Don't worry; it's worth the lugging. Just thought I'd give you heads up, so you could start reading! (Although, if too many of you request it from the library, I won't be able to renew it when my 3 wks. runs out!)

Also, the other day, I got an unusual phone call.
Caller: I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for a Lonnie Watson. Do you happen to know him?
I immediately thought of Oskar, was sad I couldn't help him, and wished him good luck.

5 comments:

Britney said...

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I will be one of the people requesting it from the library. :) Maybe you can request it after me and we'll just go back and forth until we get it read. :)

Heidi said...

I ordered mine from half.com -- it should be here this week I'll start reading it as soon as I can.

I knew it was long but I never checked how many pages it was. I hope we can all get through it by August!

Robyn said...

I ordered mine from Half.com too. It's already shipped so I hope I get it soon! Can't wait to read it.

And by the way, I'm already thinking about the Indian food we could make for August's bookclub. YUM!

Steph said...

I just ordered mine! I'm hoping half.com will be the ticket to reading books in time for book club. Thanks for the heads up, Christie.

Speaking of Indian food... I tried out Pioneer Woman's chicken tikka masala recipe last week. Oh mercy, was it good.

Robyn said...

Um, ok, I just got my book and I'm wondering....

CAN I CHANGE MY VOTE!?!?!?!?

Seriously, after this experience I suggest the number of pages be required on the ballot!

That said, I'm on page 100 and I'm really enjoying it. Maybe the next 1300 will just fly by. Ha!