Monday, February 16, 2009

A Town Like Alice

We had a great time (once again) at book club. Here are a few photos of what all of you women who were sick missed. We hope you are all well next month -- we missed you!

Sadly it was Catherine's last book club before her move. Here she is with Christie.

Christie, Amber & Kara enjoying the goodies.

Heidi, Britney & the cutest book clubber

Kara brought the best cupcakes! 3 kinds in fact. My favorite were the lime cupcakes with raspberry frosting. I hope the recipes will be posted soon.

Britney brought her wonderful veggie pizza and a super delicious bean dip. I didn't get a photo of the dip but that doesn't mean you don't have to post the recipe Britney!

We also had the best homemade bread and honey butter. Christie you are a remarkable baker.

Shaua contributed these lovely veggies and homemade hummus but ended up being too sick to come. There also was a chocolate cake but I didn't get a picture of that either -- but I will post the recipe.

Again we hada great time and missed those of you who weren't there.

***Remember you should be reading The Road for next month!

4 comments:

Britney said...

I had a great time. Thanks for posting these Heidi and I can't wait for the recipe for your cake!!! My husband LOVED the piece I brought him.

Robyn said...

Sorry I couldn't be there! I didn't even know it was Catherine's last bookclub. How sad! Where are you moving to?

The food looks yummy and I promise I will make Shepherd's Pie another time. Hope Shauna is feeling better and everyone else- nasty cold season!!

Britney said...

By the way, that was some seriously yummus hummus!!!

Unknown said...

I can't look at this blog too often, I find myself drooling and missing you all so much...