Thursday, August 28, 2008

Recipes ladies...one can never have too many.

Pasta Salad with Chicken
*I made a few alterations to the recipe by adding sauteed shrimp one time and then another time I used grilled chicken breasts. My family loves...and ya'll know how finicky my spouse is! Heidi? Am I right? Totally finicky! Yum Yum girls...good luck!

Makes: 6 servings Cook: 8 minutes Prep: 15 minutes
Ingredients
Dressing:
3 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill, chopped
(I actually put a squirt of horseradish sauce in too and some dijon mustard.)
Pasta Salad:
8 ounces mini wagon wheel, bowties or fusilli pasta (such as Barilla Piccolini)
*2 cups white meat from rotisserie chicken, cut into bite-size pieces*
1 sweet red pepper, cored and diced
1 english cucumber, diced
2 celery ribs, trimmed and chopped
2-3 fresh tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions
1. Dressing: In a medium-size bowl, whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil and dill and set aside.
2. Pasta Salad: Heat a medium-size pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add pasta and cook as per package directions, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water; let cool until room temperature.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta, chicken, red pepper, celery and crumbled feta. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve; toss to blend dressing and ingredients before serving.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

yum! I think I will make this salad this weekend -- I have family coming and it will be perfect!

Britney said...

This sounds so good! Thanks for posting it -- now have me over for dinner so I don't have to cook! :)

Shauna said...

Yummy Mummy!! I want more! My family loved this recipe. Thanks Brenda.